IR spectrophotometer МC 311
Up-to-date IR spectrophotometer MC 311 works in the infrared spectrum range: from 800 nm up to 3200 nm.
MC 311 is a universal multi-purpose device aimed for solving a wide scope of routine and investigation tasks connected with spectra registration and processing, quantitative analysis and multi-element analysis, as well as kinetic measurements.
Other spectrophotometers from SOL instruments:
Description of the infrared spectrophotometer MC 311
Features of spectrophotometer МС 311
- Double monochromator providing low level stray light and the highest precision of measurements.
- Modern optical layout of spectrophotometer allows working with the small-size samples or micro-samples.
- Modular design of cell compartment allows the substantial extension of functional capabilities of the spectrophotometer (measurement of the reflectance of samples, polarization investigations, etc.).
- Absorption, transmission and reflection spectra measurement.
- Measurement of absorbance, transmittance and specular reflectance on the fixed wavelengths.
- One-, two- and three-wave concentration measurement, multi-wave measurements.
- Kinetic measurements both on one and several wavelengths.
- Concentration measurement with pre-programmed techniques.
- Storage of measurement data and preparing of reports.
Spectrophotometer MC 311 is a multi-purpose instrument for application in all areas using photometric investigation methods.
MC 311 can be applied in ecological and environmental laboratories, as well as in factory laboratories of various industry branches (e.g. optical, chemical, pharmaceutical, food industries, etc.).
Standard delivery set contains:
- specialized software “PSI-MC 2” for the external PC;
- solids and thin films holder (with sample clamping) that provides installation and fixation of samples with dimensions from 10х10 mm up to 100х100 mm and thickness from 1 up to 35 mm;
- a set of connecting cables.
Auxiliary equipment and materials:
- Attachment for directed specular reflectance measurement for incidence angle of 10° with relative technique (flat mirror).
- Glan-Taylor prism -based radiation polarizer.
- Thermostated holder for thermal stabilization of the samples in a cell with dimensions 12,5 х 12,5 х 45 mm (with optical path length of 10 mm) within the range of temperatures from 13 up to 52 °С with 0,1 °С step (thermostating temperature is regulated with the spectrophotometer according to the measurement procedure).
- Peristaltic pump with flow-through cell.
- “Macro” quartz cells with optical path length of 10, 20, 40, 50 and 100 mm.
- A set of light filters for verification.
- Specialized software for the task to be solved can be supplied with external PC.
Technical specification of IR spectrophotometer МС 311
|Monochromator:||double with dispersion summation|
|Spectral range:||from 800 up to 3200 nm|
|Bandwidth:||from 1 up to 9 nm|
|Scanning speed:||from 3 up to 5000 nm/min|
|Scanning modes:||turbo, fast, medium, slow|
|Minimal spectral scanning step:||0.2 nm|
|Wavelength absolute error:||not more than ±1.6 nm|
|Wavelength reproducibility:||not more than ±0.6 nm|
|Level of stray light at 1690 nm:||not more than 0.4 %|
|Absorbance measuring range, D:||-3 up to 3 B|
|Limits of the permissible absolute error at transmittance measuring:||±1.0 %|
|Light source:||air-cooled halogen lamp|
|Photodetector:||thermostatically-cooled PbS photodetector|
|Inside dimensions of cell compartment:||120 x 205 x 105 mm|
|Optical path length of samples:||up to 120 mm|
|Ports for additional external devices connection:||Ethernet (2 slots), USB (2 slots), RS 232, VGA, PS2 keyboard, PS2 “mouse” manipulator|
|Dimensions:||520 x 360 x 210 mm|
|Power requirements:||from 90 up to 240 W, 50-60 Hz, 100 VA|
- Optical layout: single-beam
- Monochromator: double with dispersion summation
- Spectral range: from 800 up to 3200 nm
- Bandwidth: from 1 up to 9 nm
- Scanning speed: from 3 up to 5000 nm/min
- Scanning modes: turbo, fast, medium, slow
- Minimal spectral scanning step: 0.2 nm
Wavelength absolute error: not more than ±1.6 nm
- Wavelength reproducibility: not more than ±0.6 nm
- Level of stray light at 1690 nm: not more than 0.4 %
- Absorbance measuring range, D: -3 up to 3 B
- Limits of the permissible absolute error at transmittance measuring: ±1.0 %
- Light source: air-cooled halogen lamp
- Photodetector: thermostatically-cooled PbS photodetector
- Inside dimensions of cell compartment: 120 x 205 x 105 mm
- Optical path length of samples: up to 120 mm
- Ports for additional external devices connection: Ethernet (2 slots), USB (2 slots), RS 232, VGA, PS2 keyboard, PS2 “mouse” manipulator
- Dimensions: 520 x 360 x 210 mm
- Weight: 20 kg
- Power requirements: from 90 up to 240 W, 50-60 Hz, 100 VA
Additional equipment for infrared spectrophotometer МС 311
Thermostated holder for thermal stabilization of investigated samples in cell with external dimensions 12.5 х 12.5 х 45 mm (with optical path of 10 mm) within the range of temperatures from 13 up to 52 °С with 0,1 °С step (thermostating temperature is regulated with the spectrophotometer according to the measurement procedure).
Diaphragm of 3 mm and 4 mm for measurement of spectral directed transmittance of samples with dimensions less than the size of an optical radiation beam of spectrophotometer MC 311.
Software PSI-MC 2
Specialized software “PCI-MC 2” for the MC series spectrophotometers for the external PC.
Quartz cells with optical path length of: 10 mm, 20 mm, 50 mm and 100 mm.